Sandra started her career as a criminal lawyer working for Léon Lef Forster, before becoming a member of the SNCF’s legal team, working both as a lawyer and manager of SNCF-Voyages’ intellectual property department. She then joined a French law firm as a senior manager in intellectual property law, before joining Clairmont Avocats, where she was appointed partner in March 2013.
On 1st October 2017, Sandra Cabanne launched a new law firm with business partner Alexandre Nappey and their team.
And so SCAN AVOCATS came into existence, with its main office in Paris and two branch offices in Bordeaux, Lyon and Strasbourg.
- 2008: Degree in ‘Trademarks, Designs and Models’, Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies [‘CEIPI’], Strasbourg University.
- 2003: Admitted to the Paris Bar.
- 1999: Criminology Institute, Panthéon Assas (Paris II) University.
- 1998: Master’s degree [‘DEA’] in Criminal law and criminal politics in Europe, Panthéon Sorbonne (Paris I) University.
- 1997: Postgraduate diploma [‘Maitrise’] in Private Law Panthéon Assas (Paris II) University, Postgraduate diploma in Private Law with a specialisation in legal careers, Panthéon Assas (Paris II) University.
Sandra provides clients with legal advice and representation on:
- Intellectual Property (including trademarks, designs and models, authors’ rights, copyright, anti-counterfeiting and audits of intellectual property law rights);
- Information Technology (including domain names, the internet, and e-commerce, personal data and e-reputation);
- Contracts (including transfers, licences, trademark co-existence agreements, letters of consent, confidentiality agreements, transactions, letters of undertaking, co-ownership agreements, franchise agreements, distribution contracts, consortium agreements and domain name charters);
- Audits of intellectual property;
- Unfair competition;
- Advertising law;
- Protection of employees’ inventions and creations.
Sandra acts for all French and foreign companies of all sizes, from small businesses to global corporations. Their businesses are highly varied and includes transport, insurance, retirement pensions, fast-food, luxury goods and jewellery.
Sandra represents clients before the civil, criminal and administrative courts in France (including the INPI), in Europe (EUIPO) and worldwide (WIPO). And also before national and international arbitration jurisdictions (the French AFNIC and the WIPO).
Sandra provides intellectual property law training for organisations approved for continuing professional development. She also teaches on the law of inventions and creations of employees at University level and acts as a tutor for the French INPI’s Master Class programme.
French and English.
APRAM, INTA, APAA and MARQUES.
- The Guide ‘DECIDEURS Innovation, Technologie, PI’ 2018 :
- Trademarks, designs and models : ranking “Excellent”
- Information technologies, data privacy: “Highly recommended”
- Information technologies, Internet: ranking “Highly recommended”
- WTR 2018: « Sandra Cabanne at SCAN Avocats has the magic touch for portfolio building as well as extensive courtroom experience ».
- Leading individual : enforcement and litigation
- Leading individual : prosecution and strategy
- WTR 2017: “Sandra Cabanne operates flawlessly on both sides of the contentious/non-contentious divide and brings valuable design and unfair competition law knowledge to the table.”
- WTR 1000 2016: “Leading individuals: prosecution and strategy: Sandra Cabanne makes her WTR1000 debut this year: ‘her advice is accurate and efficient and she’s very responsive – she’s someone for emergencies.’ “
- LEGAL 500 2016: “Sandra Cabanne has earned a reputation for her ‘strong commitment to her clients …her perfect knowledge of criminal law, her tenacity and the driving force behind her actions/offers that enables progress to be made.’”
- LEGAL 500 2015: “The ‘readily available and competent in trademark law’ Sandra Cabanne who also has considerable expertise in criminal law.”
- LEGAL 500 2014: “The ‘approachable and dynamic’ Sandra Cabanne who ‘is extremely well informed and highly efficient.’”
- LEGAL 500 2013: “The ‘dynamic and passionate’ Sandra Cabanne has earned a reputation for ‘great insight into understanding clients’ needs.’”
- The Guide ‘DECIDEURS Innovation, Technologie, PI’ 2017 :
- Trademarks, designs and models : ranking “Strong reputation level 1”